You agree that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, and credentials for PayPal, Tabby, Mada, Apple pay and Google pay) email address, phone number and ID number (where applicable). We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- With your permission, provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising in order to improve your shopping experience. This may include generating tailored adds on social media like Facebook and native networks like Outbrain, Taboola and Propeller Network.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns):
- Cookies help us to measure and analyse our customer's experience and allows us to continuously improve it. With cookies, our Site will remember your preferences (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
- When you browse our Site, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our brand, new products, sales and other updates.
- Text marketing: With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include Checkout Reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system.
Our website uses Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") technology to encrypt and protect the data you send us over the internet. If SSL is enabled, you will see a padlock at the top of your browser and you can click on this to find out more information about the SSL digital certificate registration.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use service providers (Stripe and Checkout) to provide our online payment gateway and your credit/debit cards’ details will be shared with these providers in order to facilitate your online payment.
Finally, we will not share, trade, or sell credit card information or Personal Information (other than for reasons stated above) to any third party.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- OUTBRAIN - https://www.outbrain.com/ligatus/
- PROPELLER ADS - https://propellerads.com/opt-out/
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- TWITTER - https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- KLAVIYO - https://manage.kmail-lists.com/subscriptions/unsubscribe?a=QNxVrf&g=XztbK8
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records which will generally be stored for a minimum period of 1 year.
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements or to enforce our agreements. We may retain your Personal Information for a longer period:
- (a) to keep you up to date with our marketing information (or until you withdraw your consent to receive our marketing communications); and
- (b) to manage a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances, we will anonymise and/or aggregate your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
DUBAI POLICE ECRIME
eCrime is an electronic platform designed to address and investigate all forms of cybercrime in Dubai, providing the public with an easy, reliable system to submit complaints and report online crimes. The platform aims to maintain public security through protection against Internet-facilitated crimes including online fraud, threat, blackmail, and hacking.
A division of the General Department of Criminal Investigation in Dubai, the Cybercrime Investigation Department consists of five specialized units: the Forgery and Credit Cards Unit, the Fraud and Scams Unit, the Identity and Defamation Unit, the Information Security Unit, as well as the Information and Development Unit.
To report any cybercrimes or suspicious activity, please click here.
PROTECTION OF DATA
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
However, it is important to note that no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control.
We operate channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with customers. We monitor and record comments and posts made on these channels about us so that we can improve our services.
We are not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than information we have posted ourselves. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves or any information posted on them by third parties.
Upon deletion of your account on the Site in accordance with the Terms of Service, we may still be required to retain your Personal Information in order to comply with our legal and obligations, prevent fraud, collect fees owed (if any), resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems, invoicing documentation for auditing purposes.
As a data subject, you have the following legal rights:
- (a) the right to withdraw your consent where we are processing your Personal Information based on your consent (to send you marketing information for example);
- (b) the right to access your Personal Information;
- (c) the right to correct any mistakes in your information;
- (d) the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Information in some circumstances;
- (e) the right to prevent your Personal Information being processed in some circumstances;
- (f) the right to object to processing of your personal Information where processed on the grounds of being necessary (i) for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or (ii) for the purposes of our legitimate interests or of a third party's legitimate interests; Except in limited circumstances, you will have the right to object to any decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling;
- (g) the right to data portability, i.e. to receive the Personal Information you have provided to us where our processing of your Personal Information is based on (i) your consent, (ii) the performance of a contract we have with you or (iii) carried out by automated means;
- (h) the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your rights; and
- (i) the right to request erasure of your Personal Information in some circumstances.
If you would like more information about our privacy practices, if you have any questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our customer service on (+971) 58 526 3736.